Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Vacation




Outside Reading



“Can a bear’s vacation with more rain than sun end up being the one that’s most fun?” Stan and Jan Berenstain, The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Vacation





“Togetherness one more time!”… I still remember this guy, from town who would always go around and give these talks. I was too young to remember what he talked about but his little saying was "togetherness one more time." It was supposed to bring people together, to unite them. And here while rereading this book I am reminded of Pancho, that’s the man’s name. He was/ is an amazing man but I don’t remember much else of him, and I don’t know what he’s doing now or if he’s even alive for that matter. But, I really think that in this book the Berenstain Bears are united as a family and we see that it isn’t Sister and Brother Bear who are united but it is the entire family that is really close. As it was with my last installment over the other Berenstain Bears book, it’s kind of refreshing to see this closeness.
While other families would buckle under this pressure from getting scammed this family doesn’t. Instead they pull together and are able to laugh about it later. But what I don’t get is why they don’t do anything when they are scammed. Normally, this would make the scammed angry and they would do something about it. But, this family doesn’t. I do like this book, don’t get me wrong. I wouldn’t be writing on it if I didn’t like the book. But as with most books, and people there are flaws…. Overall it was good just as it was when I was younger but I guess I’m not as naïve as I once was…

No comments: